Tuesday, August 19, 2014

It's Been a Rough Year...

I'm not one to complain. Why? I have no one to complain to, for one thing. It's just been a rough year, so far. I don't seem to be able to catch a break.
To recap: In February I had to have a root canal. The tooth was abscessed and I had to have a round of antibiotics before the procedure.  The tooth still hurts to this day. I went back for a six-month check, and the doctor told me it was healing, the abscess being 'smaller' than it was in February.

In May, I went to a dermatologist with the request to check two spots on my face and one spot on my clavicle. The collar bone spot turned out to be a basal cell carcinoma. After 5 trips to the doctor, I now have a three-inch scar and am 'cancer-free'.

The skin cancer caused me to struggle with outdoor activities this summer.  Some things must be done (gardening, mowing, general yard work, picking vegetables/fruits, feeding livestock, etc.)  I bought three different brands of sunscreen trying to find one that I could live with--one was too heavy and greasy, one was too smelly, and the last one I bought was better than the previous two, still just hard to live with on my body. The results of this dilly-dallying around was an overgrown garden that produced less than average yields.

In June, there was a windstorm that blew a tree over on my gazebo and smashed the roof. I still don't have it repaired.

Then earlier this month, some kind of predator (varmint!) got in my chicken pen and killed all my chickens. One. by. one.  Each time I lost one, I would try to patch the fence. Nothing I did worked.

I'm a pretty optimistic person, but I have to admit I feel a little blue now.

So when life goes well for you, please pray for those who are struggling.  We need it....

No comments:

Post a Comment